We, the communist and workers’ parties which sign this Joint Statement condemn the barbaric and criminal assault of the state of Israel against the Palestinian people.
We express our full solidarity with the people of Palestine and we call on the workers all over the world to mobilize in order to strengthen the wave of condemnation against Israel, in order for solidarity with the Palestinian people to be expressed in a practical way.
The USA also bears an enormous responsibility for these bloody developments, which is supporting Israel in every way in the continuation of the oppression and massacre of the Palestinian people.
The EU also bears responsibility, as it follows the line of keeping an “equal distance” between the victim and the persecutor and is simultaneously developing cooperation with Israel at a military and economic-political level.
The communist and workers’ parties that sign this statement demand:
- That the crime against the Palestinian people be condemned.
- The continuing air raids against the Palestinian people must cease immediately and a ground offensive must be prevented.
- The Israeli occupation armies must withdraw.
- The immediate liberation of all political prisoners from the Israeli prisons.
- The tearing down of the unacceptable wall of division and the lifting of every form of blockade against the Palestinians in Jerusalem, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
- The immediate end to the settlements and the withdrawal of all the settlers that have settled beyond the 1967 borders.
- The right of return of all the Palestinian refugees to their homes, on the basis of the relevant UN decisions.
- All joint military exercises and all the agreements of military cooperation with Israel must be cancelled.
- A Palestinian state on the 1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital.
Communist Party of Albania; PADS, Algeria; Communist Party of Australia; Democratic Progessive Tribune, Bahrain; Communist Party of Bangladesh; Workers’ Party of Bangladesh; Brazilian Communist Party; Communist Party Britain; New Communist Party of Britain; Communist Party of Canada; Communist Party of Chile; Socialist Workers’ Party of Croatia; AKEL, Cyprus; Communist Party in Denmark; FARC-EP , PCCC, Colombia; Communist Party of Finland; German Communist Party; Communist Party of Greece; Hungarian Workers’ Party; Communist Party of India (Marxist); Tudeh Party, Iran; Communist Party of Ireland; Communist Party of Israel; Party of the Italian Communists; Jordanian Communist Party; Communist Party of Luxembourg; Communist Party of Mexico; Popular Socialist Party – National Political Association, Mexico; New Communist Party of Netherlands; Communist Party of Norway; Palestinian Communist Party; Palestinian People’s Party; Peruvian Communist Party; Phillipine Communist Party (PKP-1930); Communist Party of Poland; Portuguese Communist Party; Communist Party of Romania; Communist Party of the Russian Federation; South African Communist Party; Communist Workers’ Party of Russia; New Communist Party of Yugoslavia, Serbia; Party of the Communists of Serbia; Communist Party of Slovakia; Communist Party of the Peoples of Spain; Party of the Communists of Catalonia, Spain; Sudanese Communist Party; Communist Party of Sweden; Syrian Communist Party; Union of Communists of Ukraine; Party of Labour of Austria; Communist Workers’ Party of Belarus; Pole of the Communist Revival in France; Communist Party, Italy; Galizan People’s Union, Spain and Communist Party, Sweden.